Blog de Anna

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Knife wounds and apples

What do the two of these things have in common? Me. Am I the only moron that cuts and apple while holding it firmly in my palm? Afraid so. It happened last Thursday about an hour before I was set to hit my fave dive bar. The knife went right through the apple and into my hand - the area between my thumb and index finger (I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but it looked obscene...like I was spreading the legs of a skinless chicken or even a dairy cow. So please just try and envision it for yourself).

So I called nurse Jen and asked if there are any main arteries or anything serious in that region. She said no and so I scurried to take a one-handed shower (I don't recommend this to anyone) and got ready. My date S called me 20 mins early and wanted to ride over together. I told him about the knife episode and he peeled back my bandaids and blew on it in a very cute fashion. Later that night he did the same and told me he couldn't wait for it to scab over so he could pick at it. Am I the only one that finds this adorable?? A1 already knows this story so this is a repeat. But seriously...how many guys do you meet in your life that want to pick your nasty scabs? Love that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooove that he would want to pick at your scab. Anyone who's that open right off (doesn't matter how many drinks he's had) is pretty cool. And you forgot to mention the stray hair that kept falling in your face that he would brush away.

*sigh*

Scabs and hair brushing.

Also, note to self: Do not let Anna near me with a knife again unless I'm wearing her crazy, indestructible shark hands.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an equally intriguing "Knife/Surround Sound Installation for Moulin Rouge" story. Mine costs $800 and all I got in return was 5 stitches, and lovely sound of Ewuyen McGregor singing "Your Song".

*sigh* twas worth it.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on to this one, Anna. So hard to find good scab-pickers these days.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home